Walling Energy Systems Consulting, LLC, provides deep technical expertise in a wide range of areas that are of great relevance to contemporary utility and power resource development business decision making. We combine our breadth of expertise with a unique understanding of interactions between systems, encompassing business and regulatory, as well as technical considerations.
Consulting services are offered in a variety of areas, including the following:
- Evaluation of technologies, particularly new solutions proposed for grid modernization, including due diligence and evaluation of functional potential.
- HVDC transmission system feasibility, pre-specification studies, preparation of functional performance specifications, vendor evaluation, review of designs and design studies, and commissioning monitoring.
- FACTS system feasibility, pre-specification studies, preparation of functional performance specifications, vendor evaluation, review of design and design studies, and commissioning monitoring.
- Renewable generation plant grid interconnection technical requirements and compliance.
- Renewable plant collector system economic optimization.
- Distributed generation interconnection evaluation and penetration issues.
- Assessment of the vulnerability of power systems and equipment to geomagnetic disturbances.
- Root cause analysis of operational events and equipment failures, particularly those evolving from complex system interactions.
- Assessment of large-scale integration of variable (renewable) generation and the resulting impacts on grid operations.
- Expert testimony, particularly where complex power system interactions are of material importance.